Chicken and Salsa Verde Quesadillas
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 2 cups coarsely shredded Steggles chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 (20cm) flour tortillas
- 1 cup (80g) coarsely grated tasty cheese
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- To make the salsa verde, combine the oil, lemon, parsley, basil, capers and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken to the salsa verde and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 120 C. Heat a little of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place 1 tortilla in the pan. Top with one-eighth of the chicken mixture and sprinkle with one-eighth of the cheese over half the tortilla. Fold tortilla in half to form a semi-circle and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden and heated through. Transfer to an oven tray. Place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil, tortillas and chicken mixture, reheating pan between batches.
- Cut quesadillas in half, Serve immediately with baby rocket leaves, lemon wedges and sour cream, if desired.