Chicken and Corn Tacos
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 1 corn cob, husks and silks removed
- 8 large taco shells
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups coarsely shredded Steggles Roast Chicken
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 x 30g pkt taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup (80g) coarsely grated tasty cheese
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded, chopped
- Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the corn cobs.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the taco shells on an oven tray. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the chicken, corn and taco seasoning and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Add the shallots and toss to coat.
- To make the guacamole, combine the avocado, lime juice and chilli in a small bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the chicken mixture among taco shells. Sprinkle with cheese and dollop with guacamole. Serve immediately with mixed salad leaves, if desired.