Tom Yum Chicken and Prawn Skewers
Prep: Marinate 2 hours minimum, threading skewers 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Makes: 22 skewers
- 1kg Steggles chicken thighs
- 500g green prawns peeled with tails intact
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoon Tom Yum paste
- 2 limes, juice only
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 22 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for an hour
- Place coconut oil, Tom Yum paste, lime juice and sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Cut up thighs into small bite sized pieces and remove excess fat.
- Place prawns and chicken in two separate bowls and tip 2/3 of marinade on the chicken and the remaining 1/3 over the prawns. Ensure all is well coated and place into the fridge to marinate for a couple of hours, or overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook, thread chicken onto skewers, and thread the prawns onto separate skewers, as they will take less time to cook on the BBQ.
- Heat your BBQ high and turn down to medium when you put your skewers on. Turn regularly for 10 minutes or until cooked through.