Chicken With Mixed Rice Salad
- 350g Steggles LEAN chicken mince
- ¼ cup wild rice
- 3 cup cooked long grain white rice, cold
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- ¾ cup parsley leaves
- 1 Tblsp finely chopped sage
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup natural almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 Tblsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tblsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pan combine the wild rice with 2 ½ cups of water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the rice is cooked. After about 45 minutes strain rice, transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- When cool combine the cooked white rice with the wild rice and stir in celery, shallots and herbs.
- Cook chicken mince in a lightly greased frying pan, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon. Add curry powder cook for 1 minute, set aside to cool. When cool, add to rice mixture. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and toast the almonds over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes, cool. Add almonds to the rice mixture.
- In a small jug whisk together remaining oil, vinegar, lemon juice, season with salt and pepper. Pour over salad mix well.