- 4 x single chicken breast fillets (removed from Fresh Chicken Wholebirds)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 100g shaved leg ham
- 16 semi sun-dried tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup (100g) grated mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- Pre-mixed salad and lemon cheeks, to serve
Note: For this recipe you will need 2 Fresh Chicken Wholebirds, cut into pieces. Using a large sharp knife, remove breast fillets, drumsticks, wings and thigh meat from the bones. The leftover carcass can be used to make stock. Remove skin from breasts and thighs.
- Preheat the oven, with a large roasting pan inside, to 220°C/200°C fan forced.
- Place chicken breast fillets on a chopping board. Using a large sharp knife, cut into thickest side of each fillet to create a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff a quarter of the ham, 4 pieces of semi-dried tomato, ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese and rosemary leaves in each chicken pocket. Secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange stuffed chicken breasts on baking paper in the preheated roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a pre-mixed salad of your choice in a bowl, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Remove toothpicks from chicken.
- Serve, sliced, with the salad and lemon wedges.
Great meal ideasMore...
Roast honey pumpkinIf you're looking for a side dish that's a little different to the classic salad, this scrumptious pumpkin recipe is a must-try.
Red cabbage coleslawA perfect companion for your drumsticks.
Turkey mini burgersTalk about easy and impressive. These tasty, no fuss burgers are perfect to throw together when you're entertaining.