Roast Carrot & Beetroot Salad with Crisp Lentils
Complete your Christmas spread with a sensational side featuring roasted carrots, beetroot and crisp lentils
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- 4 small beetroot, ends trimmed, washed
- 2 bunches baby carrots, trimmed, peeled
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained well
- 1 bunch watercress, sprigs picked, washed well
- 60g goats cheese
- 1 tablespoon pepita seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Wrap beetroot in foil, place on prepared tray. Lay carrots on same tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and season well. Bake for 30 minutes, until tender. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook lentils, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, until crisp and dry. Set aside to cool.
- Peel beetroot and cut into thick wedges. Arrange watercress on a platter, top with carrots and beetroot wedges. Crumble over goats cheese, drizzle over remaining oil and top with crisp lentils and pepita seeds.
Serve with the Steggles Festive Family Roast.