Family Roast Chicken
- 2kg Family Roast Chicken
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons kecap manis
- 2 clove garlics, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 bok choy, chopped
- 1 long fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Tie drumsticks together with kitchen string.
- Place chicken in a large baking dish.
- Whisk marmalade, orange juice, 2 tablespoons of the kecap manis, half the garlic, the ginger and five spice in a bowl.
- Brush half the marmalade mixture over chicken. Cover loosely with foil and roast in oven for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for a further 30 minutes, brushing occasionally with remaining marmalade mixture or until golden brown and cooked through (juices run clear when tested with a skewer). Remove from oven. Rest chicken for 5 minutes.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil and swirl to coat. Add bok choy, chilli, remaining kecap manis and garlic.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute or until bok choy wilts. Season with salt.Serve chicken with chilli bok choy and scatter chicken with sesame seeds.
Host a Roast
The power of a roast
This July, the humble roast is more powerful than ever before. For every Steggles Family Roast sold, 30 cents will go to support Australian children’s charities. So get on board and Host a Roast to help those in need.
Great meal ideasMore...
Caramelised onion & yoghurt dipping sauceA perfect companion for your Chicken Breast Pops.
Southern-style crisp chicken tray bakeA chicken feast coated in delicious spices, this one's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Chicken and cherry tomato burst tagliatelleWin over hearts... and tummies with the ultimate weekend meal.