- 125g vermicelli noodles
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 lebanese cucumber, cut into long thin strips
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 2 green onions, sliced lengthways
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Asian Fried Shallots
- 2 tablespoons toasted cashews, chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside to soak for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain and rinse well.
- Combine garlic, ginger, soy, oyster sauce and water in a small jug.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium. Add turkey and cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until brown. Add garlic and ginger mixture and simmer for 1-2 minutes until turkey is well coated.
- Fill lettuce cups with noodles and turkey mixture. Top with carrot, cucumber, herbs, onion, chilli, crunchy shallots and cashews. Serve with lime wedges.
Great meal ideasMore...
Chilli dipping sauceA perfect companion for your chicken breast pops.
Spiced fried chickenEveryone will be scrambling to the dinner table when they smell this mouthwatering chicken cooking.
Tempura nuggets sushi bowlWhy not try something a little different with your chicken nuggets this week! New recipes are what keeps things interesting, after all.