Take your family's tastebuds on a European-inspired adventure with this easy and zesty masterpiece.
Frozen Turkey Wholebird Self Basting
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1.2 kg Steggles Turkey Drumettes (Wing Nibbles)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Cook turkey drumettes, in batches 5 minutes, turning, until brown all over. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic and capers to the same pan. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes until vegetables have softened. Increase heat to high.
- Add tomatoes, stock and balsamic. Bring to the boil and season well.
- Return drumettes to the pan. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes. Add olives and cook covered, for another 15 minutes, until drumettes are cooked through.
- Scatter parsley and zest over cacciatore.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Great meal ideasMore...
Spicy Asian butterflied roast chickenWith half the normal cook time, this fantastic mid-week treat is coated in an Asian paste for a little bit of spice.
Avocado creamA perfect companion for your chicken schnitzel.
Finally-cooking-for-your-folks herb roast chickenThis roast is served best with a side of 'how was your day?'