Tikka chicken drumstick tray bake with yoghurt and mint
This is not your average drumstick dish! Try it out this week for dinner and wait for those spicy aromas to waft through your kitchen.
- 8 Chicken Drumsticks (1.4kg)
- 1 x 275g jar Tikka paste
- 1kg sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2.5cm thick slices
- 2 red onions, cut into small wedges
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- Mint leaves, for serving
- Toasted flaked almonds, for serving
- Naan bread, warmed according to pack directions, for serving
- Add drumsticks to a bowl and coat liberally with the tikka paste. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- Place the drumsticks onto a lightly greased, shallow baking tray with the sweet potato and onions. Spray with oil then bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and sweet potato, then increase the temperature to 200°C/180°C fan forced and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the natural yoghurt then scatter over the mint and almonds. Serve immediately with naan bread.
TIP: Marinate drumsticks in a ziplock bag ahead of time and keep in the fridge for up to a day for an easy weeknight dinner.