Family Roast Chicken
- 2kg Steggles Family Roast Chicken
- 3 small red chillis
- ½ cup roasted capsicum, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Place the chillis, capsicum, garlic, paprika, juice, parsley and oil in food processor and process until almost smooth.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut chicken down the breastbone. Open out chicken, and press down heavily to flatten. Cut deep slits in the thickest part of the chicken breasts.
- Rub peri peri mixture all over chicken. With breast side up, place chicken on a roasting rack over a large baking dish. Bake in 190°C preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with lime.
Great meal ideasMore...
Apple, celery and feta saladFruity and flavoursome, this delicious side dish is the perfect accompaniment to a roast chicken dinner.
Chicken and vegetable piesDid someone say pies? Guaranteed the kids will be running to the table to tuck into these.
Feed-the-whole-family Roast Stuffed TurkeyPull out this showstopper when the whole family’s coming over for a feast.