One-pot teriyaki chicken wings with rice
Succulent chicken wings in a tangy sauce. If you're wondering what's for dinner this week, here's your answer.
Chicken Wings Fresh
- 1 x tray Fresh Chicken Wings
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 11⁄4 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 2 green onions, diagonally thinly sliced
- Place chicken wings, kecap manis and honey in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavours to develop.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Heat oil in an ovenproof heavy-based saucepan with a lid over medium heat.
- Drain chicken wings and reserve marinade. Add chicken wings to saucepan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof plate.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Scatter rice into pan and stir to evenly coat. Add stock to pan and bring to the boil.
- Return chicken wings to pan. Cover with a tight-fitting lid or foil and bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked and rice is tender (all liquid is absorbed).
- Remove from oven and stand for 2 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with the green onion.
Great meal ideasMore...
Iceburg & radish saladA perfect companion for your Mini Chicken Kiev Balls.
Spiced turkey protein ballsPacked with protein and full of flavour – here's your next healthy creation.
Prosciutto wrapped-with-tonight's roast chicken, mumThis Christmas showstopper is seasoned with hazelnut and sage for an added festive touch.