One pan turkey drumstick bake
One pan. Countless satisfied tummies.
Frozen Turkey Wholebird Self Basting
- 4 small or 2 large Turkey Drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1½ cups frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- ½ cup celery leaves
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 140°C fan-forced. Heat oil in a large, ovenproof frying pan or casserole dish over medium heat.
- Cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes, until softened.
- Increase heat to high. Add drumsticks. Cook for 5 minutes, turning, until brown.
- Pour over stock and scatter potatoes around drumsticks. Bake for 2 hours and 30 minutes, until turkey is tender.
- Add peas and thyme. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve turkey bake in shallow bowls topped with celery leaves, extra thyme and lemon halves.