- 2 400g packs Fresh Turkey Rissoles (12 rissoles in total)
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 corn cobs, husks peeled
- Mexican seasoning, for sprinkling, if desired
- Corn chips, to serve
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- Sour cream, to serve
- Extra coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- 1 200g punnet red and yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 continental cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and chargrill the corn cobs over a high heat for 3-5 minutes, remove and keep warm.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining oil to the pan. Sprinkle the rissoles with Mexican seasoning then add to the pan, cook the rissoles for 7-8 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile to make the salsa, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, onion, coriander, seasonings, oil and lime juice in a bowl, slice the corn from the cobs then add and stir to mix thoroughly.
4. Place a handful of the corn chips into each serving bowl. Add the turkey rissoles, slices of avocado and a spoonful of the salsa. Finish with a dollop of sour cream and serve with extra coriander leaves and lime cheeks.
• For some extra heat add chopped jalapeno chillies to the salsa.
• Use a chunky store-bought salsa instead of making your own if you are out of time.
Great meal ideasMore...
Pan-fried turkey tenderloins with roasted root vegetablesHearty and healthy. Prepare to be blown away with how simple this delicious dish is.
Lemongrass and lime roast chicken with a side of be-there-in-5A succulent roast chicken is always worth the wait. Especially when it involves sharing it with the ones you love.
Southern-style crisp chicken tray bakeA chicken feast coated in delicious spices, this one's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.