- 500g tray Steggles Fresh Turkey Mince
- 1 cup fresh soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 200g bought whole roasted peppers, drained, split lengthways
- 250g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- ¾ cup fresh ricotta
- ½ loaf (about 300g) sourdough bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Roasted trussed baby vine ripened tomatoes and green salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Grease and line a 21cm x 11cm (base measurement) loaf pan with baking paper, extending paper at long sides for handles. Combine the turkey mince, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, oregano and ½ cup of the parmesan in a large bowl. Spread half the turkey mixture over base of prepared pan and smooth the surface. Arrange peppers in a layer over the top of the turkey mince mixture.
- Using hands, squeeze excess liquid from spinach and place in a bowl. Add ricotta and season with salt and pepper. Spread spinach mixture over top of peppers and then top with remaining mince mixture. Smooth the surface.
- Combine the cubed bread, oil and remaining parmesan in a bowl, then arrange over top of mince mixture, pressing down slightly. Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Uncover meatloaf and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Serve meatloaf with roasted tomatoes and green salad.
Great meal ideasMore...
Chicken koftaNothing beats the sound of friends and family laughing together while meat sizzles on the BBQ.
Prosciutto wrapped-with-tonight's roast chicken, mumThis Christmas showstopper is seasoned with hazelnut and sage for an added festive touch.
Mango & lime dipping sauceA perfect companion for your Wing Nibbles