Mediterranean chicken drumsticks
A hearty one pot wonder with a Mediterranean influence. This one's for the whole family.
Chicken Drumsticks Fresh
- 8 Steggles Chicken Drumsticks, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600ml passata
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ red capsicum, sliced
- ¼ yellow capsicum, sliced
- ¼ green capsicum, sliced
- 8 kalamata olives
- 8 baby chat potatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 185°C.
- Put a large heavy based pot on a medium to high heat on the stove top.
- Add oil and brown the seasoned chicken drumsticks on all sides and turn the heat down.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Bring the mix up to a simmer for a minute or two.
- Place in the oven with the lid on but not sealed (just off centre a little) – this will stop any mess getting in the oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until the mix is saucy and thick.
Great meal ideasMore...
Chilli dipping sauceA perfect companion for your chicken breast pops.
Spicy Asian butterflied roast chickenWith half the normal cook time, this fantastic mid-week treat is coated in an Asian paste for a little bit of spice.
Tikka chicken drumstick tray bake with yoghurt and mintThis is not your average drumstick dish! Try it out this week for dinner and wait for those spicy aromas to waft through your kitchen.