Family Roast Chicken
- 2kg Steggles Family Roast Chicken
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1¾ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 limes
- Chilli flakes
- Heat oil in a small pan and cook the lemongrass, garlic and shallot over medium heat until softened. Remove from heat and stir through the kaffir leaf and coriander. Cool for 10 minutes. Transfer the cooled lemongrass mixture to a bowl and squeeze juice from 1 lime stir through with the breadcrumbs.
- Fill chicken cavity with stuffing, close with toothpicks or skewers. Tie drumsticks together and fold under wings. Place chicken on a roasting rack over a large baking dish. Thinly slice the remaining lime and place over chicken, sprinkle over chilli flakes. Bake in 190°C preheated oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with roasted chillies.
Host a Roast
The power of a roast
This July, the humble roast is more powerful than ever before. For every Steggles Family Roast sold, 30 cents will go to support Australian children’s charities. So get on board and Host a Roast to help those in need.Learn more
Great meal ideasMore...
Green potato saladA perfect companion for your Turkey Breast Roast.
Mediterranean chicken drumsticksA hearty one pot wonder with a Mediterranean influence. This one's for the whole family.
Turkey mini burgersTalk about easy and impressive. These tasty, no fuss burgers are perfect to throw together when you're entertaining.