Sides and dips
Home made tomato sauce
A perfect home made companion for your Dino Snacks.
Steggles Chicken Breast Dino Snacks Tempura
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 400g ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring until softened.
- Lower heat to medium and stir through the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, stir well and cook for 5-8 minutes until tomatoes are softened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in sugar. Set aside to cool. When tomato mixture has cooled, use a stick mixer to blend the sauce to desired texture. Blend more for a smoother sauce. Season with salt and pepper.