Family Roast Chicken
- 2kg Family Roast chicken
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup harissa paste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Tie drumsticks together with kitchen string. Place chicken in a large baking dish.
- Combine oil, harissa paste and garlic in a bowl. Brush harissa mixture over the chicken. Cover loosely with foil and roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove foil. Bake chicken for a further 45 minutes, brushing occasionally with remaining harissa mixture, or until golden brown and cooked through (juices run clear when tested with a skewer).
- Remove chicken from oven and rest for 5 minutes.
- Whisk yoghurt, onion, tahini paste, lemon juice, the water and coriander in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Serve chicken with tahini yoghurt and lemon wedges.
Host a Roast
The power of a roast
This July, the humble roast is more powerful than ever before. For every Steggles Family Roast sold, 30 cents will go to support Australian children’s charities. So get on board and Host a Roast to help those in need.
Great meal ideasMore...
Turkey kale protein ballsFeel like something like? Get your protein hit with these simple meatballs.
Summer-on-the-balcony roast chickenMake the most of family time on summer evenings with a meal everyone will love.
Mexican turkey rissoles with fresh salsaSpice up your mid-week meal plan with a brand new recipe that's both healthy and delicious.