Chilli Chicken Drumsticks
An easy but great tasting recipe that allows you one hand on the drumstick and one hand on a drink to battle that spice!
Chicken Drumsticks Fresh
Cook ingredients in a saucepan and pour over the chicken before putting in the oven
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded and chopped (or 2 teaspoons chilli flakes)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees c. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the rub: In a bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, chili powder and cayenne pepper to create a paste.
- Pour the paste over the chicken pieces and, using your hands or a pastry brush, coat the chicken on all sides.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake the drumsticks until cooked through and juices run clear, about 40 minutes. Check them after the first 30 minutes and loosely cover them with foil if they seem to be darkening too fast on top.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and red pepper flakes, then serve.
Great meal ideasMore...
Turkey sliders with fennel and green apple slaw and relishSwitch up your backyard burgers with our parsley and onion turkey rissoles to create a lean and delicious dish.
Turkey tacosThis midweek dinner solution pairs perfectly with good friends and great conversation.
Red cabbage coleslawA perfect companion for your drumsticks.