3 cups shredded Family Roast Parmi chicken
1 x 375g packet penne pasta, cooked al dente, cooled
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small red capsicum, finely diced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon caster sugar
1 cup chicken stock
¼ cup double cream
1 cup frozen peas and corn
1 cup small broccoli florets
100g baby spinach
2 cups of 3 shredded cheese blend
1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced
- Grease a 6cm deep, 10 cup capacity baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large deep frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and capsicum. Continue cooking and stir until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomato paste and oregano. Stir and cook for a further minute. Add the chopped tomatoes, sugar and chicken stock. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce to a simmer, uncovered for 15 mins.
- Add the frozen peas and corn, stir for 1 minute, then add the spinach. Season to taste.
- Remove from heat to cool slightly, then stir through cream.
- Stir in the shredded chicken, pasta and 1 cup of the 3 cheese mix. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped parsley.
Great meal ideasMore...
Red cabbage coleslawA perfect companion for your drumsticks.
Almond & baby bok choy noodle saladThis Asian-inspired salad packed with greens is a crunchy addition to any table
Balsamic glazed chicken wingsHold the knives and forks for this one. Sweet, sticky fingers are always a sign of a winning meal.