2 cups shredded Family Roast chicken
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 eggs, lightly whisked
1 small red capsicum, diced
1 brown onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 cups cooked and cooled rice (best from fridge, cooked the day before)
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
3 shallots, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat half of the veg oil in a heavy based large frypan over a medium high heat.
- Swirl in the whisked egg to the edges of the pan. Cover with a lid to allow the egg to set. Once set, slide out onto a chopping board and roughly chop. Set aside.
- In the same fry pan, heat remaining veg oil and add capsicum and fry until softened. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the capsicum, onion and garlic until soft, about 2 mins.
- Add the chicken and sesame oil, stir to combine.
- Add the rice and turn up the heat to high. Stir constantly to make sure the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Then add the soy and cooking wine.
- Cook for another 3-4 mins, stirring to coat the rice with the soy and cooking wine.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the chopped egg back into the pan. Stir to combine.
- Add the chopped shallots and stir again.
- Divide between 4 bowls and serve.
Great meal ideasMore...
Harissa roast chicken with a side of coming-right-overMake a family occasion that little bit more memorable by whipping up this delicious roast dish with an exotic twist.
Warm couscous saladA perfect companion for your Panko & Quinoa Schnitzel
Corn Kernel Salad with Lebanese Cucumber and Baby RocketA fresh companion for the Steggles Parsley & Onion Turkey Rissoles