Turkey and Vegetable Lasagne
Great meal full of flavour that everyone can enjoy
Prep: 40 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg Steggles Turkey Shortcuts Mince (or 2x 500g packets)
- 12 button mushrooms, sliced
- 700g bottle tomato passata
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 sheets dried curly lasagne pasta
- 250g tub light ricotta
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 bunch silverbeet, shredded
- 2 zucchinis, sliced thinly lengthways
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 large bocconcini, halved
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- In a large fry pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add garlic, mushrooms and cook a further minute.
- Add turkey mince, cook for 5 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a spoon. Pour in the passata and stock, season with pepper and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Slice eggplant and place onto a lined baking tray. Spray lightly with olive oil. Bake for 8 minutes until tender.
- Place silverbeet into a heatproof bowl. Top with boiling water to cover and let stand for 1 min. Drain well.
- Grease a 12 cup capacity ovenproof dish. Spoon a layer of sauce into the dish. Top with two sheets lasagne, top with sauce again.
- Layer with eggplant slices, more sauce, ricotta and silverbeet. Top with two lasagne sheets, more sauce, then zucchini and tomato slices.
- Place bocconcini pieces on top, sprinkle with black pepper and bake for 35 minutes. Garnish with basil leaves.