Turkey Tom Kha Gai Soup
Spicey hot and wonderful.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 2 lemongrass stalks (white part only)
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced, plus extra, to serve
- 2 tsp grated palm sugar
- 500gm Steggles turkey diced thigh fillet
- 100g button mushrooms, halved
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 150gm green beans cut into thirds
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice, plus wedges to serve
- Thai basil leaves, to serve
- Bruise the lemongrass stems with the back of a knife and cut each one in half.
- In a saucepan, bring the chicken stock, lemongrass, ginger, lime leaves, chilli and palm sugar to a gentle simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey, mushrooms and coconut milk and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring, until turkey is cooked. Add beans for 2 to 3 minutes. Add fish sauce and lime juice.
- Ladle the soup, into bowls, and top with basil leaves.