Turkey San Choy Bau
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 500g Steggles turkey mince
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced + extra, thinly sliced on the diagonal, to serve
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g Asian mushrooms, finely chopped
- 220g can bamboo shoots, drained, finely chopped
- 220g can water chestnuts, drained, finely chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Coriander leaves, and red chilli, finely chopped, to serve
- Combine sesame oil, soy and oyster sauce in small jug. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add peanut oil, and then add turkey. Stirfry for 3-4 minutes, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, until the mince is browned.
- Add green onions, ginger, garlic, mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts to mince. Stirfry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in reserved sauce, and stir until heated through.
- Divide mince mixture evenly among lettuce cups. Top with sesame seeds, extra green onions, coriander and chilli, if desired.