Turkey, Mushroom and Semi-Dried Tomato Arancini
Perfect for a starter that everyone can enjoy
Prep: 50 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- 1 litre chicken stock
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 200g Steggles Turkey Shortcuts Mince
- 4 button mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/4 cup semi-dried tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Simmer stock in a saucepan and add saffron to infuse.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tsp olive oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and 1 clove of garlic, cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion has softened. Add rice, stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in 1/3 cup of the hot stock, stirring continuously, until stock has absorbed. Repeat this process until all the stock has been added, and rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir through parmesan cheese. Spread rice onto a baking tray, cover and refrigerate until cool
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add turkey mince and cook, breaking up any lumps with a spoon. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and thyme, then remove from heat. Allow to cool before adding mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Using clean hands, spoon 1/3 cup rice mixture into your palm. Place 1 tablespoon turkey mixture in the centre of the rice and form into a cone shape to enclose filling.
- Roll in egg then breadcrumbs and place onto a lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining rice, turkey mixture and breadcrumbs. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spray arancini with oil and bake for 25 minutes until lightly golden