Turkey Larb with Fresh Asian Salad
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 500g Steggles Turkey Shortcuts Mince
- 3 tsp caster sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Lemongrass paste
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 cucumbers, halved deseeded and sliced
- 1 large red chilli, finely sliced lengthwise
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- mignonette or butter lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- 2 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted peanuts
- extra mint leaves for garnish
- Combine the sugar and lime zest and juice and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or non-stick pan over a high heat. Add the oil and the mince. Cook for 6-8 min or until turkey is well cooked, stirring often.
- Add lemon grass and half the onion. Cook for a further 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add half the lime juice mixture.
- Combine the cucumber, remaining red onion, chilli and mint. Add remaining lime juice mixture. Toss to combine.
- Serve individual portions of larb over lettuce leaves with rice on the side. Accompany with prepared salad.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and mint leaves if desired.