Turkey Chilli Con Pavo
Chilli con pavo is similar to chilli con carne, using minced turkey.
It's a light spicy dish which served with a mixed grain rice, is low in fat, high in fibre and an extremely good source of protein. It also adds an interesting and healthy tasty alternative than using other types of meat.
Turkey mince is such a healthy choice of protein. It's extremely low in fat and contains immune-supportive nutrients such as selenium and mineral zinc.
As seen on What2Cook
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- ½ tsp chilli, ground
- 500 g turkey, minced
- 200 button mushrooms, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 ½ cups stock
- 400 g cannellini beans
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- Coriander leaves and avocado to serve
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in spices and cook for a further 1 minutes.
- Add turkey and brown on all sides.
- Stir through mushrooms, zucchini, stock, lime juice, beans and stock.
- Season with salt.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir through yoghurt. Serve with rice, sliced avocado and fresh coriander