Turkey BLAT wraps
Prep: 10 minutes to put together
Cooking: 20 minutes to roast
The humble BLT is a simple pleasure. The flavour combo is killer and it’s awesome for either breakfast or lunch. I used to adore it on Turkish toast, with thick slathers of butter and hot English mustard. We go a step further and fancy this bad boy up a little with the addition of avocado, and some lemon pepper roast turkey breast.
- 350g Steggles turkey breast fillets
- lemon pepper
- 16 pieces of short-cut bacon
- a punnet of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- avocado, sliced
- lettuce leaves of your choice, I use baby spinach
- good quality tomato chutney
- good quality wraps, I used chia and grain
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cover Steggles turkey breast fillet with lemon pepper, and place into the hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Grill bacon until crispy and delicious.
- Place avocado, turkey and bacon in the wrap, add tomatoes and lettuce and then a dollop of tomato chutney.
- Roll firmly and wrap in baking paper if you need to transport them. Otherwise, dig in.
Recipe developed and prepared by Danielle Colley from one of Australia’s favourite food and family blogs, Keeping Up With The Holsbys.