Tropical Chicken Burgers
Cooking: as per instructions on pack
With pineapple and creamy coleslaw, these Tropical Chicken Burgers are a fun twist on the traditional burger and make a popular choice for school lunches. Most of the prep for these burgers can be done while the Steggles Crumbed Chicken Burgers are cooking; making this is a simple and quick lunch option to put together - especially if you are preparing food for a large group of children.
Ingredients for a single serve
- 1 Steggles Crumbed Chicken Burger
- 1 medium sized bread roll
- 1/3 cup of pre-mixed coleslaw
- 1 pineapple rings
- 1 slices of cheese
- mayonnaise to taste
- Cook the Steggles Crumbed Chicken Burgers as per on pack instructions.
- Slice the bread rolls in half and place coleslaw on the bottom of each roll and top with a tablespoon of mayonnaise. Place a cooked Crumbed Chicken Burger on top of it before adding a slice each of pineapple and cheese. Finish by putting the bread roll back on.
- Instead of pre-packaged coleslaw you can make your own by thinly slicing 1/2 a red and green cabbage, grating three small carrots and finely dicing 3 spring onions.
- You can also use iceberg lettuce or mixed lettuce leaves if coleslaw is not available.
- Wholemeal rolls were used to make these Tropical Chicken Burgers, however you can use any type of bread rolls.
- Place the pineapple rings onto a piece of paper towel to remove any excess juice before adding to the Tropical Chicken Burgers to help prevent the Crumbed Chicken Burger from going soggy.
Recipe created by Lauren