Potato & Baby Cucumber Salad
Spuds go a long way on the Christmas menu, especially when combined with the refreshing crunch of baby cucumbers and seasoned with garlic and parsley
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2kg red skinned potatoes, washed
- 2 shallots, sliced
- ½ cup sliced baby cucumbers
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, torn
- To make the dressing, combine oil, lemon juice and garlic in a large bowl. Season well.
- Thickly slice potatoes. Place in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook covered for 8 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well.
- Add potatoes to dressing, gently turn to combine, without breaking up potatoes. Arrange on a serving platter. Scatter over shallots, cucumbers and parsley to serve.
- Serve with the Steggles Festive Family Roast.