Christmas Pudding & Ice Cream Sandwiches
Two festive favourites – Christmas Pudding and Ice Cream come together to make the perfect Christmas dessert the entire family will enjoy
Prep: 30 minutes, plus freezing
- 2 x 700g Christmas puddings
- 1 litre vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups cherries
- 100g white chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup honey coated macadamias, finely chopped
- Remove puddings from packaging. Lay pudding on its side and cut into 1cm thick slices. Using an 8cm round cutter, cut a round from each slice. Firmly pack off-cuts back into pudding basin, invert again and cut 1cm slices. Cut rounds from each slice. Repeat with remaining offcuts until you have 16 rounds of pudding.
- Line a large tray with baking paper. Lay rounds on prepared tray and freeze for 1 hour. Place a large scoop of ice cream into the centre of 8 rounds. Sandwich together with remaining rounds of pudding, pressing down firmly to spread ice cream to outside edges of pudding. Return sandwiches to tray and freeze for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, dip cherries into melted chocolate. Place on a lined baking tray and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Roll edges of ice cream sandwiches in macadamias. Return to freezer until ready to serve.
Tips: 1. Replace plum pudding with chocolate pudding or any other flavor your family prefers. Assemble sandwiches the day before serving, remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving to soften slightly.
2.Honey macadamias are available from large supermarkets, replace with cashews or almonds if you prefer.