Sweet Chilli Chicken Pita Pockets
Cooking: as per instructions on pack
Sweet Chilli Chicken Pita Pockets are the perfect lunch for kids on the run. Quick to assemble and nutritious to eat, these chicken pita pockets come with a balance of protein, carbohydrates and greens.
Ingredients for a single serve
- One half of a split wholemeal pita pocket
- 1 Steggles Sweet Chilli Chicken Tender
- 2 slices of tomato
- 2 slices of cucumber
- 2 slices of avocado
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1/4 cup of mild leafy greens
For the dressing
- 2 Tblsp unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of onion salt
- a pinch of mixed herbs
- Cook the Steggles Sweet Chilli Chicken tenders as per on pack instructions.
- Prepare the pita pockets by warming for 10 seconds in a microwave or for 1 minute in a conventional oven.
- Spread one tablespoon dressing inside each pita pocket and layer with slices of cheese, tomato, cucumber, avocado and leafy greens.
- Slice each cooked Steggles Sweet Chilli Chicken Tender into two for each halved pita pocket.
- Serve with the remaining dressing on the side.
- Replace mild leafy greens with lettuce or other greens (spinach, etc)
- Onion salt can be replaced with 1/2 tsp regular salt
Recipe created by Krissy