Stuffed Turkey Tomatoes
If you love tomatoes, this is a meal for you
- 250g Steggles Turkey Shortcuts Mince
- 4 x 250-300g truss tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 60g button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 1/4 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 1 tbslp shredded basil leaves
- Fried salt reduced haloumi to serve
- Rocket to serve
- Cut tops off the tomatoes and carefully scoop out the inside pulp. Chop the pulp and set aside
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium high heat and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Stir in cumin.
- Add the turkey mince and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon until brown. Add the mushrooms and tomato pulp, cook for a further minute.
- Pour in rice and stock, stir until boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer until stock has evaporated and rice is cooked. Stir through basil. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Place tomatoes on a baking tray. Spoon mince mixture into tomatoes and place lids on top. Bake in a 160°C preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until tomatoes are soft.
- Serve with haloumi and rocket