Steggles Turkey, Garlic and Lemon Pie
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
- 500g Steggles Turkey Mince
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup reduced salt chicken stock
- 4 Sprigs thyme
- 2 tspn finely grated lemon rind
- 125g crème friache
- 2 Tblsp drained capers
- 1 kg red potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
- Watercress to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and cook the mince, breaking up any lumps with back of wooden spoon. Stir in the garlic, and cook for a minute. Sprinkle over the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stir through wine and cook stirring until mixture thickens, stir through stock, thyme and rind, season with cracked black pepper.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Remove lid and simmer until liquid has reduced by half, stir in crème friache and capers. Transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Boil the potatoes until tender, drain well roughly mash and stir through parsley and remaining oil. Spoon potato over chicken and bake in 200C preheated oven for 30 minutes or until potato is golden. Serve with watercress.