Steggles Turkey Fillet Steaks with herb rice pilaf
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 2 packs Steggles Turkey Shortcuts Breast Minute Steaks with seasoning
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup low salt chicken stock
- 1/2 tspn ground cumin
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 Tblsp chopped parsley
- 1 tspn chopped thyme
- 2 witlof
- Lime wedges for serving
- Bring stock and 1 cup water to boil, add rice. Cover and reduce heat until stock is simmering, cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Fluff with fork. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Stir through shallots, parsley and thyme. Remove a few outer leaves from witlof, cut remaining whole witlof into quarters. Place witlof onto serving plates, spoon in rice mixture.
- Heat a lightly greased non stick fry pan over medium heat and cook steaks for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with lime wedges and herb rice pilaf