Steggles Lemongrass and Lime Chicken
Everyone loves a good roast! With a good hint of spice. Serve with roasted chillies
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 55 minutes
- 2kg Steggles chicken
- 2 tspn oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 shallots finely chopped
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, shredded
- 1 Tblsp chopped coriander
- 1 3/4 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 limes
- Chilli flakes
- Heat oil in a small pan and cook the lemon grass, garlic and shallot over medium heat until softened.
- Remove from heat and stir through the kaffir leaf and coriander.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooled lemongrass mixture to a bowl and squeeze juice from 1 lime stir through with the breadcrumbs.
- Fill chicken cavity with stuffing, close with toothpicks or skewers.
- Tie drumsticks together and fold under wings.
- Place chicken on a roasting rack over a large baking dish. Thinly slice the remaining lime and place over chicken, sprinkle over chilli flakes.
- Bake in 190C preheated oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with roasted chillies.