Steggles Jaipuri Chicken
Cooking: 1 hours 30 minutes
- 1kg Steggles whole chicken, in pieces
- 3 dry red chilli, soaked in water and chopped
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 ¼ cup yogurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
- 1 ½ tbsp coriander powder
- ¾ tsp red chilli powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 curry leaves
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 5 black cardamom pods
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 ¾ cup red onions, finely chopped
- 3 cup chicken stock
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to a large hot pan, drizzle with olive oil and brown.
- Grind the green and black cardamom, cumin and cloves in mortar and pestle.
- Sweat off the onion, garlic, chilli. Add the ground spices, ground coriander, chilli powder, bay leaves and curry leaves. Fry for 1 minute. Add stock and pour into pot with chicken.
- Whisk lemon juice into yoghurt and pour into the pot. Simmer for 1 hour 15 minutes with lid on. Finnish off with chopped coriander.
Steggles Jaipuri Chicken as featured on Good Chef Bad Chef.