Steggles Chicken Mince Wontons
- 250g chicken mince
- 2 packets wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2 shallots, chopped
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Vietnamese dipping sauce, to serve
- In a bowl, add mince, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, coriander and shallots. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Working one at a time, spoon half a teaspoon of the mince mixture into the centre of each wonton wrapper. To seal, gently brush the pastry with water and enclose the mince mixture, firmly pressing in the top where the pastry comes together.
- Heat oil for frying in a large pan and fry wontons in batches until cooked through, crisp and golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper. Serve with Vietnamese dipping sauce.