Spice Roast Chicken
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 40 minutes
Serves: Sunday dinner (and Monday lunch).
- Steggles Family Feast Chicken
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- oil or butter to rub the skin
- torn pieces of sour dough bread
- 3 finely chopped rashers of bacon
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup toasted pinenuts
- 3 finely chopped green onions
- 1 finely sliced celery stalk
- ¼ cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- dash of oil
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- In a small bowl, combine ½ teaspoon ground cumin, ½ teaspoon ground coriander, ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper and 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Rub a little oil or butter over the skin of the chicken and then cover the chicken with the mixed spices.
- Combine the stuffing ingredients with a little oil and then place within the chicken cavity.
- Put the chicken into a roasting pan and roast for 1 hour 40 minutes.