Portuguese-style Roast Chicken Pieces
Delicious roast with a hint of spice
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- 1 large (about 2kg) Steggles Family Feast Roast chicken, cut into 6 or 8 portions
- 1 long fresh red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 500g kipfler potatoes, washed, halved lengthways
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan or ovenproof baking dish. Combine the chilli, garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, oil and sugar in a small jug and stir to combine. Season well with salt and pepper. Pour evenly over the chicken pieces and turn to coat.
- Place the onion and potato around the chicken. Bake in preheated oven, turning occasionally, for 45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and mixed salad leaves, if desired.