Piri piri wings with apple slaw
BBQ Turkey wings and piri-piri sauce! Yum!
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- 1.2kg turkey wingettes (wing nibbles)
- ½ cup piri-piri marinade sauce
- 4 corn cobs
- ½ large ice berg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into long thin strips
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced into rounds
- ½ cup mint leaves, shredded
- 1/3 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat a hooded barbecue on medium heat.
- Combine wings and piri-piri and toss to coat. Cook wings on the barbecue, hood down, for 45 minutes, turning regularly, until charred and cooked through.
- Add corn to the barbecue for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Turn regularly, until tender.
- Meanwhile, toss together lettuce, cucumber, apple and mint. Mix together yoghurt and lime juice, add to slaw and toss to combine.
- Serve piri piri wings with apple slaw and corn cobs.