Peri Peri Chicken
Prep: 15 minutes, plus overnight marinate
- 1 large Steggles chicken butterflied (see tips)
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled
- 1-inch ginger, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded
- 4 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large handful parsley leaves
- 1 chilli
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- Place all of your marinade ingredients into a food processor and whiz it together until it becomes a paste.
- Lay the butterflied chicken down and coat it top and underside with your mix. Smear the top generously and leave in the fridge for at least two hours to marinate. Overnight is best.
- Place your brick in the BBQ on high heat and leave to heat up for one hour.
- Lay the chicken on the brick, and close the lid. You want the temperature gauge to sit around 180-200C.
- The chicken will take about one hour to cook. Chicken is cooked when you pierce the thigh joint and the juice comes out clear.