Lemon Roast Chicken
Very calm meal
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves: Enough for a roast on Sunday and a Caesar on Monday.
- Steggles Family Feast Chicken
- 80g of butter
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 2-3 lemons sliced in half
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Sea salt to season
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Combine 80g of butter with the juice and zest of one lemon and one crushed garlic clove.
- Make a space between the skin and breast meat of the chicken and spread the flavoured butter over the breast meat.
- Put the chicken into a roasting pan and season with sea salt.
- Slice 2-3 lemons in half and add them to the roasting pan.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour 30 minutes.