Kaffir Lime and Ginger Roast Chicken
Good tasting Roast chicken, with a twist!
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, centre vein removed
- 1 stem lemongrass, pale section only, coarsely chopped
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 long fresh green chillies, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 fresh coriander roots, finely chopped
- 1 large (about 2kg) Steggles Family Feast Roast chicken
- Kaffir lime leaves, extra, crushed
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the lime leaves, lemon grass, ginger, garlic, chilli and coriander roots in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until a paste forms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the chicken cavity under cold water. Pat the chicken dry inside and out with paper towel. Place in a roasting pan.
- Lift the skin under the breast. Spoon the lime leaf paste under the skin. Place the extra lime leaves in the chicken cavity. Tie legs
- Roast the chicken in preheated oven, basing occasionally in pan juices, for 1 1/2-2 hours or until the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted in the thigh.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to rest before serving.