Indonesian Rice Salad with Carrot, Lebanese Cucumber and Peas
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minute5
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked and cooled
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup coriander sprigs
- ¼ cup mint sprigs
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tblsp Kecap Manis soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- In a large bowl, toss together rice, peas, shallots, carrot and cucumber.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, Kecap Manis and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place salad into serving bowls, spoon over dressing and scatter with herbs.