Indian Chicken and Rice Salad
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) basmati rice
- 2 1/4 cups (560ml) water
- 2 cups coarsely shredded Steggles roast chicken
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 carrot, peeled, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1/2 cup coarsely coriander
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- Mango chutney, to serve
- Natural yoghurt, extra, to serve
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold running water until the water runs clear. Place rice and water in a large saucepan. Cover with a tight-fitting lid or foil and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken, tandoori paste and yoghurt and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until well combined and heated through. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the rice among serving bowls. Arrange the cucumber and carrot ribbons over the rice. Top with chicken mixture, coriander, mint, mango chutney and dollop with yoghurt. Serve immediately.