Green Papaya Salad
Prep: 15 minutes
- 1 medium-sized green papaya (about 700grams)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- ½ punnet each of golden cherry and normal cherry tomatoes
- 4 spring onions
- 1 cup each coriander, mint and basil
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, optional
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- Peel papaya with a vegetable peeler and cut in half lengthways. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and veins.
- Using a grater, grate your papaya and place into a bowl. Add your remaining ingredients, except the nuts.
- Mix dressing ingredients together, and pour over the top. Stir well to combine and sprinkle peanuts over the top.
- Traditionally, this salad is burn-your-face-off chilli hot. Add extra chili if desired, or keep it family friendly if you need to.