Festive Quinoa & Watercress Salad
Prep: 20 mins
Cooking: 12 mins
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen broad beans
- ¼ cup roughly chopped craisins
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 bunch watercress, rinsed, sprigs picked
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Combine quinoa and stock in a medium pan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until stock is evaporated. Leave covered and remove from heat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place peas and broad beans in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water, leave to stand for 30 seconds. Drain and plunge into cold water. Drain well and peel broad beans, discarding skins.
- In a large bowl combine peas, beans, craisins, almonds, mint, spring onions and watercress. Fluff quinoa with a fork to separate grains. Add to the bowl and toss lightly to mix.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jug. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad.