Easy Dino Kebabs
Cooking: as per instructions on pack
Steggles Chicken Tempura Dino Snacks make an excellent serving choice for school canteens. By combining simple, easy to prepare chicken snacks with basic whole foods, kids can reap all the rewards of taste and nutrition combined with fun.
Ingredients for a single serve
- 3 Steggles Chicken Tempura Dino Snacks
- 3 chunky pieces of rock melon, peeled and seeded
- 3 cherry tomatoes (halve larger cherry tomatoes to make them bite-sized for kids)
- iceberg lettuce
- 3 chunky pieces of cucumber, peeled
- 1 bamboo skewer approx. 20cm in length
- Cook the Steggles Chicken Tempura Dino Snacks as per packet directions.
- Wash, dry and prepare all fresh ingredients as per above.
- To prepare, roll a leaf of lettuce into a parcel shape and thread this onto a skewer, pushing it to within a few centimetres from the end of the skewer. This will form a good base for balancing each skewer's ingredients and prevent any liquids from spilling down the sticks.
- Next, slide a chunk of rock melon onto the skewer, followed by a Dino Snack, cherry tomato, Dino Snack, cucumber, Dino Snack and so on. Top the skewer with a dinosaur to complete and continue until all skewers are prepared.
- Serve wrapped in greaseproof-lined bags with a serviette and let the kids enjoy the fun!
- Use seasonal produce to form the kebabs for maximum nutrition. Try these alternatives too: Watermelon chunks and pineapple pieces. Chicken is so versatile and goes well with so many options when it comes to fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Skewers come in larger catering-sized packs and will cover several batches of this recipe.
Recipe created by Jody